Education of Barbara Gelfand, LCSW
Master in Clinical Social Work, New York University, 1987
- Center for Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis-CPPNJ (formerly Institute for Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy of New Jersey)
- Family Therapy Program, Rutgers-University Behavioral Healthcare (formerly University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey)
- Sex and Relationship Therapy Program, Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson’s Medical School
- Advanced Clinical Practice Seminar, New York University
- Zelda Foster Studies in Palliative and End-of-Life Care, New York University
Master Trainer, Stanford University's Chronic Disease Self-Management Program
Completion of 500-hour Soma Yoga Teacher Certification
Continuum Movement and Embodied Meditation practitioner
Licensed Clinical Social Worker for the Department of Medicine at Saint Peter’s University Hospital supporting physician practices in internal medicine, geriatrics, oncology, endocrinology, pulmonary, cardiology and gastroenterology, 2001 to present.
Private practice since 1990.